Sunday, July 25, 2004

Disneyland and the great escape

We were at Disneyland for several days and WELL--had a very RADish event take place...as we were walking into the park--BEFORE we were into the main gate out in the TRAM and bus way there is a rather long walkway to get to the main gates..Makala--was already a bit upset--we had returned to the Hotel to rest up for the late night ahead and we decided to skip swimming in the pool for a nap instead--needless to say Makala didn't like this very much and there was a bit of a tantrum...and a few hours later we were walking back in and she was angry for not swimming and DECIDED TO RUN --BOLT--INTO A CROWD OF PEOPLE, BUSSES AND TRAMS!

Daddy had the baby so I was left to deal with the sudden bolting and had to run after her--I haven't run in months since back surgery--and did my best to catch her it just was not the place to let her run...and so I got close and had my right hand on her shoulder--when I tried to get my left on her other shoulder she slipped away and there it was--2 FEET OF THINCK LONG BROWN HAIR HANGING DOWN HER BACK

So I grabbed it!

She Fell to the ground and rolled around like I was poking her with a stick Screaming and yelling and out of control........................and then it happened.....................a bystander approached and said, "I think that boarders on abuse."I got out my cell and offered to call the police myself and added that I was not going to allow my 6-year old to run into a crowed of thousands of people and moving buses and trams.....DH--was doubting me---thinking he may agree with the by stander...............and truthfully I questioned myself? Was there any better way to have stopped her....? Not sure....? Maybe I could have run longer and faster?.........maybe I could have let her run? Maybe?Thank goodness for the Therapist!DH went to this appointment and We told the story completely truthfully---and the therapist said, "Didn't I give you a stack of my cards to give to interfering people like that?"She didn't call the police on me!!!!! And suggested a harness for the flight to Illinois we take on August 16!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Memories -- Blog Tags

abuse (1) acceptance (3) adoptee (1) Adoption (1) Adoption Committee (1) Adoptive Parent (3) AdoptiveParentsNetwork.com (3) Advocate (4) Alcohol-Related Neurodevelopmental Disorders (ARND) (18) anxiety (2) At Risk (1) Attachment (3) Attachment Disorder (2) Attachment Therapy (AT) (10) Attorney (1) Behaviors (2) Bill of Rights for Children's Mental Health Disorders and their Families (1) birth mom (5) boundaries (4) Case Worker (3) Child Identification (1) Child Rights (1) Christian (1) Christmas 2008 (1) communication (1) consequences (4) Contact (1) DHS (4) diagnosis (4) Disruption (2) Dissolution (1) divorce (3) documentation (1) domestic violence (3) door alarm (2) DSM IV (1) eating disorders (1) employment (2) Family (2) family preservation (2) FASD Resource (2) Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) (24) foster family (3) Foster Home (3) Fund Raisers (2) Funding (1) goodbye (2) grief (3) home (3) Home Study (1) honeymoon (2) impulsive behaviors (3) Individual Education Plan (IEP) (15) loss (2) Marty (4) Medicaid (1) medication (6) mental health (4) mental health services (2) Missing Children (2) Mt Hood Oregon (2) Nancy Thomas (1) negative attention (3) Neurobiology (1) Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) (2) oxytocin (1) Parent Advocate (2) Parental Rights (1) parenting (4) police (2) Post Adoption Family Therapy (1) Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) (1) processing (3) propaganda (2) RAD Cult (6) RAD Mom (7) RAD Research (2) Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) (23) Research (8) Residential Treatment Center (1) Residential Treatment Center (RTC) (3) Resource (9) Respite (1) Safety (1) School (10) Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) (1) secondary behavior (1) Services (1) sexualized behaviors (4) short term memory (1) social (2) special education (7) Special Needs (2) Statewide Action for Family Empowerment (SAFE) (1) stealing (1) symptoms (2) tantrums and rages (4) Termination of Parental Rights (TPR) (1) The Brain (2) therapist (4) time outs (4) transition (8) Triangulation (1) Trust (1) Understanding Attachment (1) Understanding FASD (6) vacation (6) violence (2) Washington (2) website (9) When Love Is Not Enough (1) wraparound (1)