Friday, August 26, 2005

...and our Summer Starts Today!

Makala has all next week off from school/day treatment and it will be Summer for ONE WEEK! Yikes!

I have been making plans to fill the time and just pray that things go well and I don't have to take anything away from anyone for naughty behaviors!

Sunday is our anniversary and we plan to take the Kids to the only amusement park we have...if you can call it that...Then on Monday I am planning a day trip to the Beach (I am not crazy about the Oregon Beaches but in September at least they are sunny sometimes) Tuesday we are going to try to do the School Clothes shopping Everyone in this house is in desperate need of some new clothes! Wednesday I think we will hit the Zoo with my Friend who has the Twins...and Thursday Maybe MJ and I can hook up for the park and ice cream... Friday we might go to Mt Hood when there is NO SNOW because Anna does NOT DO SNOW!

The great thing is that I can switch the days we do whatever we end up doing so I might have a few day changes... The Weekend before school starts back up Andrew wants to go to Mt ST Helen's... and see what has really changed....Personally, I could do without the trip for some reason I do have anxiety over driving to the edge of a Volcano! But then again it could be fun because every other time I have gone up it has been so foggy I couldn't even see anything.... I don't mind looking from 60 miles away but I get real upset being too close I was 17 when she BLEW the real time and that was a traumatic memory for me! Scared the poo right out of me.

Oh well, I suppose it is good to over come anxiety! Hopefully the Kids don't notice that DAD does this long drive because every time I have been behind the wheel I turn off and want to drive back home at least 3 times on the way! I told Andrew he has to drive this time or I won't go! Andrew usually likes me to drive on our outings because he drives two hours everyday and likes to have the break!

I wonder if the Kids will be able to handle a Camp Out next summer? I thought about it for this summer but considering it would be Andrews first too I decided to wait and not torture myself with THREE first timers! Andrews brother, Gordon and I have been trying to get an ALL Family Camp out organized but most of the family cannot get over sleeping outside and not having a shower...bunch of wimps!

I miss the good old days of Camp Outs and the snipe hunting, burnt marshmallows and silly camp fire songs.... I never saw so many hotels in my life until I married Andrew... And if he would just agree to get a supper nice Motor Home I would be on cloud 9 I hate to FLY and I could go anyplace I want to go with a motor home! I am working him over for this big ticket item! Of course I would rather have a Hot Tub but don't think he is going to BREAK on that item for a few more years.... So the Motor Home could get him especially when I outline that a Trip in one saves Hotel bills and I could see my mom without airline tickets! Of course high Gas prices leave me a little lost on how to justify something that likely gets 4 miles to the gallon.....urgh!

Speaking of Gas prices I am seeing a lot of inflation at the grocery store lately and do NOT like it!

Anyway, time to go get Jeremiah and actually start the day! I love Fridays because I don't have Any REAL obligations! And I am still numb thinking that with both kids in Day Treatment I might actually have a few hours five days a week to do NOTHING! Right--I will likely use it for this web site or some other time consuming project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Memories -- Blog Tags

abuse (1) acceptance (3) adoptee (1) Adoption (1) Adoption Committee (1) Adoptive Parent (3) AdoptiveParentsNetwork.com (2) Advocate (4) Alcohol-Related Neurodevelopmental Disorders (ARND) (18) anxiety (2) At Risk (1) Attachment (3) Attachment Disorder (2) Attachment Therapy (AT) (10) Attorney (1) Behaviors (2) Bill of Rights for Children's Mental Health Disorders and their Families (1) birth mom (5) boundaries (4) Case Worker (3) Child Identification (1) Child Rights (1) Christian (1) Christmas 2008 (1) communication (1) consequences (4) Contact (1) DHS (4) diagnosis (4) Disruption (2) Dissolution (1) divorce (3) documentation (1) domestic violence (3) door alarm (2) DSM IV (1) eating disorders (1) employment (2) Family (2) family preservation (2) FASD Resource (2) Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) (24) foster family (3) Foster Home (3) Fund Raisers (2) Funding (1) goodbye (2) grief (3) home (3) Home Study (1) honeymoon (2) impulsive behaviors (3) Individual Education Plan (IEP) (15) loss (2) Marty (4) Medicaid (1) medication (6) mental health (4) mental health services (2) Missing Children (2) Mt Hood Oregon (2) Nancy Thomas (1) negative attention (3) Neurobiology (1) Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) (2) oxytocin (1) Parent Advocate (2) Parental Rights (1) parenting (4) police (2) Post Adoption Family Therapy (1) Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) (1) processing (3) propaganda (2) RAD Cult (6) RAD Mom (7) RAD Research (2) Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) (23) Research (8) Residential Treatment Center (1) Residential Treatment Center (RTC) (3) Resource (9) Respite (1) Safety (1) School (10) Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) (1) secondary behavior (1) Services (1) sexualized behaviors (4) short term memory (1) social (2) special education (7) Special Needs (2) Statewide Action for Family Empowerment (SAFE) (1) stealing (1) symptoms (2) tantrums and rages (4) Termination of Parental Rights (TPR) (1) The Brain (2) therapist (4) time outs (4) transition (8) Triangulation (1) Trust (1) Understanding Attachment (1) Understanding FASD (6) vacation (6) violence (2) Washington (2) website (8) When Love Is Not Enough (1) wraparound (1)