Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Missing My Favorite Place to Write...Here!

I thought I should come over here to my favorite place to write and let everyone know that I am still alive... Just very busy with the Right Side of my brain at the moment and doing a lot of the Geeky stuff I don't really like to do but for some reason seem drawn to do...

My high-power nerd glasses have been perched at the end of my nose for the last several days working on my website the AdoptiveParentsNetwork.com I hate to confess that it's actually kind of fun to see what happens when I am spending the time needed to develop the ideas I have... for the Adoptive Parents Network... It just uses up a whole lot of brain band-width and usually leaves me speechless in my more creative Left Brain natural zone...writing...




This time around I have actually been having fun--Not that I'm completely sure everything I am doing works exactly they way it should because as usual I tend to find the backward way to accomplish most things and then eventually figure out how to do it the right way... Which usually just makes me sit an wonder why I made everything so difficult?

I guess along with calling myself a middle-aged, blond, former surfer valley girl who builds websites the left-handed way, I can also add, "if it Works--Good!" And right at the moment making some of my ideas work has been the goal!

If you haven't been to the AdoptiveParentsNetwork.com main website in awhile (like since this morning) then you may not notice some of the New things being added...

Today, I have been working on the Main Menu shown on all of the website pages because the Adoptive Parents Network is about to really step things up with more ways for Foster, Adoptive and Special Needs parents to connect and share information and resources.

A whole new section and layout is being developed for the Resource Network. This will be another interactive area members can add, comment, and find all the helpful links and information. It's been in the plans for a long time just needed to be created, started and added to the site...

APN is also getting ready to start the APN Blog Network which is going to be a real blast. Today we opened the Blog Network Blog and made the very first post just letting everyone know what the Plan is... This new blog has been wrapped right into the main website with a Link in the top menu so visitors and members won't have to go looking too hard to find it... Any Parents with Blogs of their own will not want to skip this section... There are going to be some exciting contests, and it's going to be where the serious Bloggers find interesting ways to add to APN at the same time connecting with other parent bloggers and learning how to make Your blog Your Own Small business...

The APN Blog share is going to include Parent Bloggers of all kinds because Adoptive Parents are not just Adoptive Parents all the time--sometimes we are just the ordinary parent dealing with ordinary parent things... The APN Blog Network is going to be a place where Parents support one another, by way of sharing their Own Internet Home and Family with each other... If you are a Parent Blogger don't be shy about jumping onto the APN Blog Network and if you don't have a Blog yet you might want to consider it--because the next few months are going to be Fun and Profitable!

I have also spent some time Moving my Long-time and original Guest Book to APN! This might be one of the few original things I ever did on the Internet that is still completely intact and continuing to grow. I started this Guestbook on my very first website and hope to see it continue to grow as the Adoptive Parents Network grows...

As much as I have missed writing in my favorite spot (here) I am really getting excited about APN again... It was a hard and difficult loss when my Partner decided to adopt her third child--a newborn sibling of one of her older boys and leave the business to take care of her growing family. And since I am writing on my own personal blog here I can say the work I have been doing the last several days has brought out the survivor in me again...

It's difficult for me to Change Directions sometimes and I am the type who loves routine so it took a little while for my mind to start thinking what direction things were going to go with the whole APN LLC -- website and the loss of a 50% partner... I learned a long time ago that with each closed door another is open so, I am starting to overcome the sudden need to completely re-organize the business side of APN... As I have been, I am starting to realize that limiting something with so many ideas to only two people getting them done was not the best business choice.

So along with all the Geek work I have been working on the Business things and have come up with some business opportunities for those who might be interested in investing some time, skill and dedication for a variety of projects. After all the real and complete idea of APN is that it isn't just My Website for everyone... My original goal was to offer something that would become the Adoptive Parents Network... as it turns out a partnership was clearly not going to make it what we want it to become... So, now I do have the freedom to offer several businss opportunities for those who can and will be able to add to my efforts and make the Network what we want it to become...

I have some fun family things planned this week, and we are going on a mini-adventure vacation this weekend so I'm sure I will be writing about some New Memories and posting new pictures very soon... I just wanted everyone to know I miss writing here while I am busy at work....on the Adoptive Parents Network....



No comments:

Post a Comment

New Memories -- Blog Tags

abuse (1) acceptance (3) adoptee (1) Adoption (1) Adoption Committee (1) Adoptive Parent (3) AdoptiveParentsNetwork.com (3) Advocate (4) Alcohol-Related Neurodevelopmental Disorders (ARND) (18) anxiety (2) At Risk (1) Attachment (3) Attachment Disorder (2) Attachment Therapy (AT) (10) Attorney (1) Behaviors (2) Bill of Rights for Children's Mental Health Disorders and their Families (1) birth mom (5) boundaries (4) Case Worker (3) Child Identification (1) Child Rights (1) Christian (1) Christmas 2008 (1) communication (1) consequences (4) Contact (1) DHS (4) diagnosis (4) Disruption (2) Dissolution (1) divorce (3) documentation (1) domestic violence (3) door alarm (2) DSM IV (1) eating disorders (1) employment (2) Family (2) family preservation (2) FASD Resource (2) Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) (24) foster family (3) Foster Home (3) Fund Raisers (2) Funding (1) goodbye (2) grief (3) home (3) Home Study (1) honeymoon (2) impulsive behaviors (3) Individual Education Plan (IEP) (15) loss (2) Marty (4) Medicaid (1) medication (6) mental health (4) mental health services (2) Missing Children (2) Mt Hood Oregon (2) Nancy Thomas (1) negative attention (3) Neurobiology (1) Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) (2) oxytocin (1) Parent Advocate (2) Parental Rights (1) parenting (4) police (2) Post Adoption Family Therapy (1) Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) (1) processing (3) propaganda (2) RAD Cult (6) RAD Mom (7) RAD Research (2) Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) (23) Research (8) Residential Treatment Center (1) Residential Treatment Center (RTC) (3) Resource (9) Respite (1) Safety (1) School (10) Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) (1) secondary behavior (1) Services (1) sexualized behaviors (4) short term memory (1) social (2) special education (7) Special Needs (2) Statewide Action for Family Empowerment (SAFE) (1) stealing (1) symptoms (2) tantrums and rages (4) Termination of Parental Rights (TPR) (1) The Brain (2) therapist (4) time outs (4) transition (8) Triangulation (1) Trust (1) Understanding Attachment (1) Understanding FASD (6) vacation (6) violence (2) Washington (2) website (9) When Love Is Not Enough (1) wraparound (1)