Monday, August 25, 2008

One Last Summer Adventure 2008

In most cases I would be lamenting the fact that there is but, one weekend left before the unofficial end of my summer! And boy did we make the best of the little time we had for some last minute fun!

Since anyone who knows me well, knows I have one real big rule in my life and it's the fact that I don't Do Snow it should be no surprise that my adventures to mountains are most likely to happen in the "Off Season" or August in my part of the woods. The good news is that even in August my children can travel a short drive, and take a little hike and touch snow.

We spent some time at Mt Hood this past weekend doing what we call "Hotel Camping" why rush to sleep in a tent and build a fire for the morning coffee when it's possible to enjoy the wilderness and take a shower and hot tube before the late news, and morning continental breakfast in the lobby?

Especially, when mom is about to do something she has refused to do for more then 15 years--and will never admit to actually having done! It never happened that I sat on a chair lift, then sat on a plastic blue sled and flew a mile down the side of the mountain -- and it never happened that my 6-year old went first and I didn't catch more then a fast streak of him flying down in front of me!

Hope you enjoy these pictures that I didn't take (wink-wink) going Up a Chair Lift and down a mile long track left in the dust of a 6-year old!

Alpine Slide Ride Up Mt Hood Oregon 2008 No I did not put my backside onto the seat of a chair that was moving on a wire up the side of the mountain with nothing holding me onto the chair--and foolishly let go of my hold to take pictures of the ride up and the track below... Nope it didn't happen. On the Way Up Alpine Slide Mt Hood Oregon 2008


On the Way Down Alpine Slide Mt Hood Oregon 2008 And there is NO Proof that I would put my backside on a plastic thing and propel myself down a one mile track behind my 6-year old and actually take a picture while trying to steer and look for his mangled board on the side...

There is also no proof that I would ever do the same foolish thing twice after all I took this picture of the rest of my family after they did such a daring thing... But, I never did this so don't go thinking I am a nut or anything because I don't do daredevil stunts like the people I love think is a fun way to spend a summer day!
At the Bottom Alpine Slide Mt Hood Oregon 2008

I honestly have No Memory how these pictures turned up on my camera and didn't let Makala borrow it?




No comments:

Post a Comment

New Memories -- Blog Tags

abuse (1) acceptance (3) adoptee (1) Adoption (1) Adoption Committee (1) Adoptive Parent (3) AdoptiveParentsNetwork.com (3) Advocate (4) Alcohol-Related Neurodevelopmental Disorders (ARND) (18) anxiety (2) At Risk (1) Attachment (3) Attachment Disorder (2) Attachment Therapy (AT) (10) Attorney (1) Behaviors (2) Bill of Rights for Children's Mental Health Disorders and their Families (1) birth mom (5) boundaries (4) Case Worker (3) Child Identification (1) Child Rights (1) Christian (1) Christmas 2008 (1) communication (1) consequences (4) Contact (1) DHS (4) diagnosis (4) Disruption (2) Dissolution (1) divorce (3) documentation (1) domestic violence (3) door alarm (2) DSM IV (1) eating disorders (1) employment (2) Family (2) family preservation (2) FASD Resource (2) Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) (24) foster family (3) Foster Home (3) Fund Raisers (2) Funding (1) goodbye (2) grief (3) home (3) Home Study (1) honeymoon (2) impulsive behaviors (3) Individual Education Plan (IEP) (15) loss (2) Marty (4) Medicaid (1) medication (6) mental health (4) mental health services (2) Missing Children (2) Mt Hood Oregon (2) Nancy Thomas (1) negative attention (3) Neurobiology (1) Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) (2) oxytocin (1) Parent Advocate (2) Parental Rights (1) parenting (4) police (2) Post Adoption Family Therapy (1) Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) (1) processing (3) propaganda (2) RAD Cult (6) RAD Mom (7) RAD Research (2) Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) (23) Research (8) Residential Treatment Center (1) Residential Treatment Center (RTC) (3) Resource (9) Respite (1) Safety (1) School (10) Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) (1) secondary behavior (1) Services (1) sexualized behaviors (4) short term memory (1) social (2) special education (7) Special Needs (2) Statewide Action for Family Empowerment (SAFE) (1) stealing (1) symptoms (2) tantrums and rages (4) Termination of Parental Rights (TPR) (1) The Brain (2) therapist (4) time outs (4) transition (8) Triangulation (1) Trust (1) Understanding Attachment (1) Understanding FASD (6) vacation (6) violence (2) Washington (2) website (9) When Love Is Not Enough (1) wraparound (1)