Saturday, January 26, 2013

I have an Announcement

I am excited to announce I am going to finish my Bachelor's Degree(s) and try to put my life experience and education to some value in this world. I was thrilled to death this week, when I went back to Portland Community College and discovered that all of my credits are still valid with only 20 remaining for the General Studies block transfer to Portland State University.

I was even more encouraged when I went to my pre-admissions meeting at PSU and discovered it is very simple today to attend classes and complete my degrees. By March 1st I should be duel enrolled and able to knock things out in a matter of time. I plan to get my Bachelor's in Social Work with either a minor or a duel Bachelor's in Psychology in 2 years or less. The ONLY reason it will take me this long, is the second language requirements. I am planning to take American Sign Language.

My hope, is to find a position with a non-profit or public agency supporting Parents of special needs children with a focus on children from foster care and or children affected by prenatal drug or alcohol. I feel my experience and education would be valuable in this area.

I did not plan to be returning to college at the age of 50, but realize that I will probably not be able to retire until I am 70 so when I look at it that way, I have decided I won't lose a thing by finishing my college education.

The best part is that I have already finished all the junk classes, and already paid for all the education I have to this point so, the rest will be fun and I should not end up with a huge debt in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Memories -- Blog Tags

abuse (1) acceptance (3) adoptee (1) Adoption (1) Adoption Committee (1) Adoptive Parent (3) AdoptiveParentsNetwork.com (2) Advocate (4) Alcohol-Related Neurodevelopmental Disorders (ARND) (18) anxiety (2) At Risk (1) Attachment (3) Attachment Disorder (2) Attachment Therapy (AT) (10) Attorney (1) Behaviors (2) Bill of Rights for Children's Mental Health Disorders and their Families (1) birth mom (5) boundaries (4) Case Worker (3) Child Identification (1) Child Rights (1) Christian (1) Christmas 2008 (1) communication (1) consequences (4) Contact (1) DHS (4) diagnosis (4) Disruption (2) Dissolution (1) divorce (3) documentation (1) domestic violence (3) door alarm (2) DSM IV (1) eating disorders (1) employment (2) Family (2) family preservation (2) FASD Resource (2) Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) (24) foster family (3) Foster Home (3) Fund Raisers (2) Funding (1) goodbye (2) grief (3) home (3) Home Study (1) honeymoon (2) impulsive behaviors (3) Individual Education Plan (IEP) (15) loss (2) Marty (4) Medicaid (1) medication (6) mental health (4) mental health services (2) Missing Children (2) Mt Hood Oregon (2) Nancy Thomas (1) negative attention (3) Neurobiology (1) Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) (2) oxytocin (1) Parent Advocate (2) Parental Rights (1) parenting (4) police (2) Post Adoption Family Therapy (1) Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) (1) processing (3) propaganda (2) RAD Cult (6) RAD Mom (7) RAD Research (2) Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) (23) Research (8) Residential Treatment Center (1) Residential Treatment Center (RTC) (3) Resource (9) Respite (1) Safety (1) School (10) Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) (1) secondary behavior (1) Services (1) sexualized behaviors (4) short term memory (1) social (2) special education (7) Special Needs (2) Statewide Action for Family Empowerment (SAFE) (1) stealing (1) symptoms (2) tantrums and rages (4) Termination of Parental Rights (TPR) (1) The Brain (2) therapist (4) time outs (4) transition (8) Triangulation (1) Trust (1) Understanding Attachment (1) Understanding FASD (6) vacation (6) violence (2) Washington (2) website (8) When Love Is Not Enough (1) wraparound (1)