Friday, March 29, 2013

Putting on My Armor and Calling Oregon to stand up For Me


It has been just over 10 years since my husband and I were selected by Oregon DHS Committee process to become the Best Advocates and Adoptive Parents of Our special needs siblings.

I wish there was more information and help for parents after they adopt children from Oregon Foster Care. I have been living a tragic and long story (this blog started when I met my children) and I am about to get screwed over in Washington Divorce Court.

I feel helpless because our children are HIGH special needs and every decision I have made for 10 years has been ONLY about my children and what I promised the State of Oregon Committee when we were selected us as the adoptive parents for VERY Special needs siblings.

Nothing about MY Agreement and the Agreement my husband made seems to matter and the issues about our adopted special needs children have been made exactly the same as just any other divorce. The kids are high-level, line-of-sight special needs. I do not understand how to get the help I need, in order to continue keeping my agreement with the state of Oregon, and my adopted children.

I have needed to make many choices along the journey, for the Best Interest of my children. For a brief time I lived with my husband in the sate of Washington. When our daughter needed services that were Not available in the state of Washington, I Returned with Her to Oregon and have been providing her with Exactly what I promised. I am now parenting Both children, five days a week, and sending them to public school in Oregon.

I am about to be Divorced by their father and the Man who made it possible for me to Promise the Committee I would do just as I have been for the past 10 years. Because, he still lives in Washington this divorce is being handled as any other divorce situation, Except that somehow personal property was handled under Oregon Laws.

I do have some assets, and so does their father which is Part of the Reasons we were selected as the adoptive parents of our children and need some legal help. I think MY kids deserve to be protected Under that State that Chose me to Be their Mother and my husband to support what we promised the committee we would do. I need to do this NOW and have two-weeks to find a way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Memories -- Blog Tags

abuse (1) acceptance (3) adoptee (1) Adoption (1) Adoption Committee (1) Adoptive Parent (3) AdoptiveParentsNetwork.com (2) Advocate (4) Alcohol-Related Neurodevelopmental Disorders (ARND) (18) anxiety (2) At Risk (1) Attachment (3) Attachment Disorder (2) Attachment Therapy (AT) (10) Attorney (1) Behaviors (2) Bill of Rights for Children's Mental Health Disorders and their Families (1) birth mom (5) boundaries (4) Case Worker (3) Child Identification (1) Child Rights (1) Christian (1) Christmas 2008 (1) communication (1) consequences (4) Contact (1) DHS (4) diagnosis (4) Disruption (2) Dissolution (1) divorce (3) documentation (1) domestic violence (3) door alarm (2) DSM IV (1) eating disorders (1) employment (2) Family (2) family preservation (2) FASD Resource (2) Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) (24) foster family (3) Foster Home (3) Fund Raisers (2) Funding (1) goodbye (2) grief (3) home (3) Home Study (1) honeymoon (2) impulsive behaviors (3) Individual Education Plan (IEP) (15) loss (2) Marty (4) Medicaid (1) medication (6) mental health (4) mental health services (2) Missing Children (2) Mt Hood Oregon (2) Nancy Thomas (1) negative attention (3) Neurobiology (1) Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) (2) oxytocin (1) Parent Advocate (2) Parental Rights (1) parenting (4) police (2) Post Adoption Family Therapy (1) Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) (1) processing (3) propaganda (2) RAD Cult (6) RAD Mom (7) RAD Research (2) Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) (23) Research (8) Residential Treatment Center (1) Residential Treatment Center (RTC) (3) Resource (9) Respite (1) Safety (1) School (10) Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) (1) secondary behavior (1) Services (1) sexualized behaviors (4) short term memory (1) social (2) special education (7) Special Needs (2) Statewide Action for Family Empowerment (SAFE) (1) stealing (1) symptoms (2) tantrums and rages (4) Termination of Parental Rights (TPR) (1) The Brain (2) therapist (4) time outs (4) transition (8) Triangulation (1) Trust (1) Understanding Attachment (1) Understanding FASD (6) vacation (6) violence (2) Washington (2) website (8) When Love Is Not Enough (1) wraparound (1)